How to Treat Your Feet
Foot Callus Remover
Foot Callus Remover Help
Generally, foot calluses are painful, but there are some simple and easy foot callus remover home remedies that can be applied. There are many types of callus removers – some you can purchase at a store, there are home remedies, some use devices to as a callus remover, and of course, there are the all-natural callus remover solutions. Before we explore foot callus removal, let’s get a good understanding of what a foot callus is and what causes foot calluses.
Calluses are growths of hard, thickened skin which is as a result of repeated friction or pressure. The ball of the foot (the plantar region) is situated in the sole of the foot, while your body weight is equally (more or less) distributed between your two feet. If any built-in (flat feet, bone deformities etc) or outer (shoe, socks etc) factors disrupt the weight distribution and shift the weight to areas not used to that pressure (such as the ball of the feet), it causes the skin to harden as a defensive measure, causing a callus on bottom of the foot. This newly hardened skin is called a plantar callus and is characterized by a yellow or grayish coloration. This can create foot pain and motivate people to seek a foot callus remover.
Why do you get a Foot Callus
- Typically due to dry skin or
- Too much friction on one area, such as the repeated rubbing caused by ill-fitting shoes. High-heeled shoes are the worst offenders.
- Foot deformities and wearing shoes or sandals without socks. Also, people who are diabetic or who have a health condition that causes poor blood flow to the feet are at a greater risk of developing calluses and seeking a foot callus remover.
- Wearing shoes or sandals without socks. Also, people who are diabetic or who have a health condition that causes poor blood flow to the feet are at a greater risk of developing Foot calluses.
- People who are diabetic or who have a health condition that causes poor blood flow to the feet are at a greater risk of developing foot calluses.
Medical Conditions that Can Cause a Foot Callus
Some medical conditions that are known to be directly linked to the causation of calluses on the foot, mostly on the base of the foot. These conditions can be difficult for a simple, home-based foot callus removal to be successful:
- Bunions: Bunion is a deformity that usually occurs at the head of one of the five long bones (the metatarsal bones) that extend from the arch of the foot and connect to the toes.
- Flat feet (Pes Planus).
- The big toe is not aligned and is pointing outward from the center of the body (Hallux valgus).
- Malunion fracture (a previous fracture of a leg or foot bone that did not heal properly, leading to abnormal weight distribution).
There are various remedies to apply to these issues, and should mostly be consulted by your nearest podiatrist. Orthopedic inserts can also create relief and provide a solution.
Suggestions for a Foot Callus Removal
Read more Foot Callus Removal Home Remedies right here.
Where to get a foot callus remover? As you can imagine, the devices and resources for a foot callus remover can be purchased at any local grocery or drug store. You can source the foot callus remover home remedy ingredients at most grocery stores and drug stores as well. In addition, online shopping has made sourcing tools and remedies for foot callus removers very convenient and private.